Future Plans for This Web Page
So what would I like to add to this site in the future?
Can you help me with information on any of these topics? If so, please
- More resources for children's books, videos, music and especially
software. These resources are reasonably easy to find in English,
harder in other languages. Our list is getting longer, but there is
still a real need for more.
- More reviews of books for bilingual families.
- Web pages and ftp sites with children's songs and nursery rhymes
in a wide variety of languages. Again, these sites are reasonably
easy to find in English, more difficult for other languages. The
members of biling-fam have been terrific about creating and finding
such sites, but there's always room for more.
- Sources for books and other resource material for parents who want to
teach their children to read and write in the minority language.
- Lists of appropriate Usenet newsgroups, for example for discussing
issues about families and children in languages other than English.
Back to the Main
Back to Our Story